Thursday, May 31, 2012

Landscaping!-Front of House

Last year we had a LONG draught, temperatures in the triple digits and a hot south wind and no matter how much I watered I lost most of my shrubs at the front of the house.  I gave up on trying to grow flowers and bought some artificial flowers and put them in pots on the porch.    At the start of this spring I decided to put flowers in pots so if we have another bad summer I can move the plants to shade and keep them watered.  Mike suggested I could set the pots on rocks and that got me started.  We went out on the property and I found rock after rock that I liked.   I kept Mike busy for several days bring the rocks up and helping me clean out the flower beds.  I think I can say the front of the house make over is a success.   



Front porch
West side of house
East side of house


Night view....I added some solar lights !


One of our friends does rock carving.....he gave us a rock with SANDERS carved in it and I decided it would look good greeting everyone as they came up the drive.   We went rock hunting again......and yes I found some  rocks and Mike graciously moved some very large rocks around several times (of course he was using the backhoe) until I was satisfied with the arrangement.  Added some flowers in pots and we have a new entry display.   



Now on to the next landscaping project....the back yard!

1 comment:

we are the spencers said...

looks so pretty!!! hope you can keep everything alive this year!